Friday, August 31, 2007

Backyardigans Straße

So you know how I’ve been complaining about all of our neighbors doing their landscaping? Well, yet another one is working on it right now. Aaargh! If these people knew the havoc this creates in my home, they surely would just live with the piles of dirt (though every spare bit of dirt here is almost instantly covered in some type of grass/greenery) and leave us in peace. This time it’s the people on the next street over, but the two streets come very close together right there, so it’s nearly like they’re right across the street. And they, of course, have a bulldozer or something over there right now. And it’s on the side of the house where Wee Laddie takes his nap, so when we’re in that room it sounds like the bulldozer is right outside the house. I guess it nearly is.

Wee Laddie is way grooving on the Jay Jay the Jet Plane video we checked out from the library. I’ve only seen the show maybe once or twice and I once checked out a CD of music from it which I promptly took back. I cannot stand music where they have adults singing in kid voices (which this did). It seems so condescending to me… and is utterly annoying. Anyway, Wee Laddie is quite taken with ol’ Jay Jay’s show and has been talking about “Jay Jay Jay Jay.” He gets the cadence right, and sometimes he tosses in “Jet Plane,” but usually at the end of all the Jays. Pretty cute.

1 comment:

J said...

You would've been so annoyed if you were next-door when we did our landscaping this spring. There was a jackhammer. I thought it was going to vibrate all my dishes straight off the shelves onto the floor!