Monday, August 13, 2007

Opinionated

Today when we were watching Wee Laddie’s currently-rented movie (“Everyone’s Hero”), he looked at the boy on the screen and told me, “I should have that shirt.” Hehe The other day, he discovered a pair of red sweatpants that I’d put aside ‘cause they’re a bit short (and ‘cause I’m a bit tired of red sweatpants for him) and when he saw them he cried, “Mom, look!” with great enthusiasm. Uh-oh. I told him they were too small but he insisted on putting them on right then and was very pleased with himself. For some reason, he’s in the midst of a jeans boycott. And to him, “jeans” pretty much includes everything but sweatpants or shorts. Today I picked out a pair of khakis that he initially agreed to, but when it came time to actually put them on he told me, “They’re jeans,” and that was the end of that.

Today on the way home from base he was talking about the balls that are attached to the power lines (I’d always assumed they were for low-flying planes or something but I don’t really know). Anyway he said, “They’re stuck on there.” I said that yes, they are. He said, “Are they glued on?” I told him I thought they were bolted on, with the wire going through the middle. Then we talked about whether or not they’d bounce if they fell down. He thinks they would, I think they wouldn’t. What an amazing conversation to be having with this little person who is, after all, still 2.

No comments: