Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sharing the News

Last night we told Wee Laddie about the baby. He said, "I wanna see a picture of the baby." I showed him the ultrasound pic and pointed out the head, arms & legs and he said, "Awwww... cute!" He’s really into babies right now… hopefully that’ll hold true at least long enough for ours to get here! It probably helps that there are always babies around on the base.

We had another rough nap day. I held Wee Laddie tight (which he hates at naptime, despite being a great snuggler normally) and he cried for an hour. I got annoyed and got up, still holding him tight, and went to wash the breakfast dishes because I knew he’d eventually fall asleep and then we’d both be asleep when Guitarman got home to a sink full of dirty dishes... and he hates that. So why was the pregnant lady holding her toddler while washing dishes? Because we’d had this battle yesterday and I got really annoyed and left the room, forgetting that he was now going to think that if he just cries long enough, I’ll stop holding him tight. So I had to do that consistency thing today and hold him ‘til he fell asleep ‘cause that’s what I’d said I was going to do. So he cried for about 1.5 hours total and then finally fell asleep. I so wish I could make him understand that if he would just try to go to sleep right away after we get home from lunch, then he’d have a happy, cheerful mommy who would be more than happy to play Play-doh or something fun later in the afternoon. But when he cries and fights it for an hour or more, then he gets cranky mommy who barely has time to make dinner after nap.

My mom pointed out that Wee Laddie probably picks up on all of our stress & whatnot, so it makes sense that he’d be a nutjob right now. Hopefully he’ll feel better tomorrow since I was much more relaxed today. Of course now he’ll probably be weirded out ‘cause of not knowing how to process the information about the impending baby.

No comments: