Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mystery Event in Town

On our pre-nap drive (the one where I drive around the area for a bit whilst hoping desperately that Wee Laddie will fall asleep in the car so I don’t have to try to get him asleep at home), I noticed that there was something going on in stadtmitte (city center) in our town.

After nap & lunch we walked over to see what it was. I’m still not sure what the deal was. There were tables set up and a band playing (we’d actually heard the band last night but didn’t know where the music was coming from) and booths with food, but I didn’t see any signs or anything to say what it was. Strange. The town’s Volksfest is next weekend… maybe some people had the date wrong. ;) We saw one of the ACS people and her husband (who is German) and sat at the table next to them for ice cream. I had frozen yogurt in a lame (I’m sure) attempt to have a lower-sugar-but-still-ice-creamish treat.

We came home for dinner… Wee Laddie and I ate at home and Guitarman went to see the new Bourne movie.

Wee Laddie’s new favorite phrase is “Sorry ‘bout that.” Like today I asked him, “Did you want to watch one of your movies?” He said, “Oh yeah, a movie! Sorry ‘bout that.” It’s not exactly a context that makes sense, but it’s very cute.

1 comment:

DJsShally said...

they do say the best things