Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Großer Bruder

I guess it’s time to spill:



You either already know about this, or you’re saying, “O-tay! Does that say what I think it says??”



Yup. :)

Wee Laddie’s going to be a big brother! After the loss last year, we decided to wait ‘til we knew everything was looking okay through the first trimester before announcing anything (though I did break down and tell my mom a couple of days ago). We’re due on March 6, and Schatzi (German for “treasure”) was quite wiggly & active on today’s ultrasound at our first OB visit.



The doctor’s appt was different than they are in the States, for sure. We’re given so much privacy in the US… here, I didn’t even get a gown or a towel or anything to cover up any parts. And we didn’t do the u/s in some dimly lit room, it was all light & bright and wide open (in more ways than one) and Wee Laddie thought it strange that the doctor was poking around my “dupa.” Guitarman figures Wee Laddie will need to work this out in therapy later. The small nod to privacy is that you only have to undress one half at a time.

After the doctor, Wee Laddie and I had a “picnic” lunch in Nittendorf. There wasn’t time for the mess hall and Guitarman rushed right back to work after the appointment. I’d seen a sign for a Mexican restaurant and wanted to look at it so I did… and when I saw it I remembered that we’d seen it when we went to the bürgerfest there and it was quite expensive for what is probably rather disappointing food (we’re spoiled in Denver… good Mex on practically every block!). I was thinking of getting something at a bakery (that’s what’s on every block here… or maybe even every half-block), but Wee Laddie wanted to go to the grocery store so we got some food from there instead.

We went to the marktplatz (like a main market square kind of thing) and found a semi-shady spot to sit in. It’s been a while since we’ve had a picnic.

And I will begin the big blog catch-up in a couple of days, once everyone’s caught up on our big news!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations to all of you!!! Schatzi already looks like a baby! Amazing. Sorry everyone else got to see so much of you.

Are you going to find out what flavor Schatzi is? 'Cause that could be very soon, eh?

I've stopped feeling modest after 2 pregnancies and C-sections. Just ask Zannah after my bacial with her :)

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I had a feeling you might be ;-)

So you were the American friend of mine who visited my doctor! I was there on Wednesday for my 6-week post-birth checkup and they said someone who knew me had come in, but I think I've told at least 10 women looking for English-speaking ob/gyns about her, so I had no idea who it might have been.

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

Oh yeah, and the Mexican restaurant in Nittendorf sucks pretty bad.