Monday, August 6, 2007

E-F-G Song

Last night while tucking in Wee Laddie, I was singing Baa, Baa Black Sheep and he said, "E-F-G song!" I said, "You mean it sounds the same?" He said yes. I sang part of the Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle then, too, and he started laughing. I was pretty impressed that he can already recognize that those have the same melody. He doesn’t really sing many of those songs himself (he’ll sometimes sing part of one), but he does like to sing. He makes up his own little songs… but they’re never quite loud enough for me to hear what he’s singing about.

So if you read this blog even semi-regularly, you may be aware that I’m not a big fan of Bavarian drivers. But you know what’s even more annoying? Americans who drive like Bavarians. I want to get out of my car and punch them.

A big congratulations to another playgroup friend of ours, Rutabaga/Roo (and her parents, of course) on the birth of Roo’s little sister, Squash. Happiness all around!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

We like to play "name that tune" where I just "la la la" the melodies. Sometimes I'm thinking "ABC's" and he comes back with a guess of "Twinkle Twinkle" and there's another song that we sing at Gym that's to the theme of Row Row Row Your Boat.

I love their little musical abilities.

And yes, congrats to Roo, her parents and the gigantic baby.

DJsShally said...

Those are the first 3 songs we start with because they have the same melody. Good for him for figuring it out. Punch 'em, huh? LOL, you need to hurry back to Colorado.

John G said...

I am curious as to whether you are planning to live in Germany until your children are school are. If so, have you thought about if you will give them extra English lessons at home or look for a school that is bilingual?