Thursday, August 2, 2007

Taking a Break

No sign class… we’re taking August off. Tina told me last week that the infant massage instructor was also going to take August off and that they’d gotten this idea to re-launch everything in mid-September. There’s a day that’s like the Day of the Young Child or something like that, and they’ll have an event that day and unveil their new plan. What they want to do is instead of having these activities/classes spread all throughout the week, to have one big day where the kids can go to “stations” and do different activities all in one day. They’re hoping that a big deal day like that might get more involvement from some of the people who are really their target audience… the people with limited income, education and resources. I think it’s a great idea & hope it works out like they hope it will. I’m also glad about it ‘cause I had gotten kind of burned out on having something to do on base every day of the week.

It was funny, when Tina was telling me about it she said they were all like, “Oh, but it has to be finished by 11:30 so O-tay can go have lunch with her husband.” We see them at the mess hall fairly often, so they all know we’re there every day.

In another step toward independence, my son has begun choosing his own outfits nearly every day. I have been really tolerant of him, say, wearing his slippers to Burger King or his winter boots when it’s 85 degrees out. I thought he did a pretty good job of matching here (okay, I may have helped a little)… ‘til he got to the socks. But what a fab ensemble, no?





This is our favorite playground on base… the only one that’s semi-tolerable when it gets really hot. Look at that nice shade! I really don’t understand why playgrounds around the world aren’t just crammed with trees.

1 comment:

DJsShally said...

OMG - he is so cute!