Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nothing Significant

Wee Laddie was sleeping on the air mattress in his bedroom last night, but he woke around 3:30am crying for me. He didn’t want to come to the big bed with me and Guitarman so I stayed with him in his room. It took us both a while to fall back asleep, and he was pretty restless most of the rest of the morning although he “slept” until nearly 8am.

Lunch was rough today. For some reason, my boys are a bit bristly at lunch some days. Since I can really only help one of them, I’m looking for a new discipline book or two for Guitarman and me to reference. I want to find something that can help us to have more positive interactions throughout our day… I don’t like feeling like we yell all the time. (Plus it’s completely ineffectual, usually.)

Drove around ‘til Wee Laddie fell asleep (I had some pretty strong suspicions that the morning’s restless sleep meant a serious need for a decent nap). He slept for about an hour then woke up crying for his daddy. I went in to settle him down, but it took a little while. He did go back to sleep, though, and slept for another 1.5 hours. Whew.

Wee Laddie and I did a major toy cleanup today. We brought up some stuff from the basement (a few things he hasn’t seen since the move, so that was exciting!) and took some stuff back down. I’m trying to make it easy to keep things organized so it doesn’t seem so overwhelming to him to clean the stuff up every day. And so it doesn’t look so messy.

As a result of that I was a bit disorganized about dinner. Was going to stir-fry some chicken, but decided to grill even though the chicken was still frozen and hadn’t marinated or anything. I partially thawed it in hot water and threw on some balsamic vinegar & spices and tossed it on the grill. I wanted to hurry, so I thought I’d try cooking it with the grill top closed. It got nice, black grill marks (I really like that) but wasn’t quite done in the middle. I turned it down and left the lid up… and it came out really good. Best I’ve done so far. (That’s why the detailed narrative… so I can replicate it. Maybe with the pseudo Chipotle marinade next time. Yum.)

No comments: