Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Day That Naptime Ate



After brunch this morning, we did some shopping at the commissary. With our daily nap struggle and the resulting wasted afternoons it’s been much harder to shop at the local markets lately. There are a few products I can only get at the PX (like corn tortillas) or that are much cheaper there (peanut butter), but there are things I’d really rather get locally (produce, eggs, milk, yogurt), so I’m finding it a little annoying that it’s so hard to fit that in.

Wee Laddie slept longer again this morning (another night of a little bit early), but still fought the nap just like he usually does. And when he finally went to sleep he slept for over 2.5 hours, the little stinker. I had to wake him so we could get up & eat dinner. Now admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of sleep myself (I enjoy it once I get there, usually, but I resist and resent it sometimes), but it’s so frustrating to me that I cannot seem to teach him how to just suck it up & go to sleep.

My son has recently decided to stop eating brown things and seeds. I don’t understand about brown things, ‘cause brown is one of his favorite colors. It started out with just the brown parts of bananas and apples, but now it’s the brown parts of everything. If I give him grapes or dried apricots, say, I have to remove all small specks of brown or he won’t eat them. He won’t even eat a french fry if it’s got a brown section on it. (I must count my blessings here, ‘cause I’ve got friends who struggle with picky eaters, and that’s really not an issue for us despite all this nonsense. This is temporary.) I can kinda understand the seed thing… I’m always getting seeds stuck in my teeth (raspberry ones are particulary annoying). But he honestly will not eat bananas now because of the seeds. Oy.

No comments: