Friday, August 10, 2007

Headache-Free

I may have gotten some insight today about the low attendance at the signing class. I was chatting with another mom at Little Troopers today and we were talking about the new plan that ACS is cooking up. She said something about the sign class and said that she hadn’t been going because she’d heard that “all they do is watch a video. And I can do that at home.” I asked if she’s seen the “Signing Time” videos (she hasn’t) and told her that they are really, really good. I wonder, though, if that’s why people haven’t been coming. I don’t see how I could possibly offer a better program than what’s in the videos.

This was the first Little Troopers playgroup that incorporated some craft-type activities. Wee Laddie got to color and I helped him make a necklace from Fruit Loops (which he promptly ate). It was a fun change from the usual. And I seldom seem to find the time at home to do that kind of stuff with Wee Laddie, so it was nice to have an opportunity all set up for us.

Had lunch with Guitarman, then home for nap. I got Wee Laddie to fall asleep in the car… after yesterday’s migraine-o-rama (3 of them in 24 hours!) it was nice to have some coherent time to myself.

After Wee Laddie got up from nap we called Guitarman (I’m working on teaching Wee Laddie how to call Daddy) and Wee Laddie invited him to dinner at BK. Guitarman was planning to go see the Simpsons movie, and we decided to take Wee Laddie, too. (I know, it’s going to bug the hell out of some people that we took our toddler to see that. If it’s any consolation, he hardly paid attention to any of it.) There was a teenaged couple sitting in the row behind us, making out. At some point, Wee Laddie saw them and was standing on his seat looking back at them saying, "What are they doing?" hehehe They must've loved us.

This afternoon, I finally had some help in the kitchen:



No comments: