Friday, August 3, 2007

Veggies? No Thanks, I’m a Vegetarian.

The Js got back this evening. They seem to have had a great time! They went to Neuchwannstein, wandered around München and went to Salzburg and took a “Sound of Music” tour which sounded pretty interesting. I’m glad they planned lots of stuff to do, and I’m glad they had fun doing it.

Mrs. J said that they were each having their own tour of München: hers was to find the best pretzel, Mr. J’s was to find the best beer and Jessica’s was to find the best ice cream. I’m not sure how much of a specialty ice cream is here, but the Mr. and Mrs. picked some good things to try in Bavaria.

Speaking of pretzels, I’m going to have to do some research. I’ve had more pretzels since the Js got here than in the past 7 months combined. They are really good over here. Some are better than others, of course, and some places serve them sliced like bread and buttered (divine, though I’m not sure my arteries would agree). But really, think of the best ballgame pretzel you’ve ever had. Ever. Now hear this: It was crap. Trust me. I really am curious to know what part of the process makes them so much better over here.

We went to BK for dinner (Guitarman’s suggestion, so I didn’t have to cook for 6). I’ll mention here that Jessica doesn’t eat meat… but also doesn’t really eat vegetables. That seems like a strange enough thing that I just had to use it as a blog entry title. I really did… I’ve been thinking about it for months. "Well, what does the girl eat besides ice cream?" you’re probably wondering. Condiments. Just kidding. She eats lots of side-dish type foods, veggie burgers, beans… it actually fit in just fine with our eating style since we like things like quesadillas, tacos, etc. that are easily made w/o meat (though I usually do throw in some extra veggies). But I just couldn’t let that title go.

No comments: