Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Gift from the Cat

Warning: Grossness follows. (Put down the sandwich.)

This morning while I was getting ready for Kaitlyn & her mom to come over, I spotted 2 dead mice on back patio, oh joy. They must’ve been courtesy of the next door neighbors cat… but why us? We’ve seen the cat but haven’t ever petted it or anything. I was just dreading having to go out there and deal with them (it was also raining so everything was soggy)… for those of you who don’t know, I’m not a big fan of mice. A bit squeamish, you might say. Even just typing about it gives me the heebie-jeebies. Anyway, I layered up some plastic bag over my hand and went out there to scoop them up. When I picked one up, a maggot dropped off of it. Eeeeewwwww! I was so creeped out, I just tied them up in the bags and threw the whole mess in the trash & ran inside to wash my hands 15 times.

Kaitlyn and Wee Laddie played well together again. They seem to enjoy each other’s company quite a bit. The only thing I don’t like about that is that Wee Laddie has started talking babytalk sometimes since he’s been hanging out with Kaitlyn more. Her speech is pretty advanced for her age, but she’s only like 16 months old or something. So she’s way behind Wee Laddie. He must think it sounds cute… or that we’ll think it sounds cute.

For some reason, Wee Laddie really wanted to show Kaitlyn and her mom his bedroom. So we went trooping upstairs and he and Kaitlyn were jumping on the beds. Wee Laddie tried to make a leap from the air mattress to his bed and nailed his shin on the bottom of the bedframe. Ouch! He cried really hard for a couple of minutes, but was okay after that. Yikes, it looked/sounded painful, poor duck. In light of that I suppose I’ll wait a bit to take him to the doc. I’m sure it’d be hard for a doc to look at a big bruised shin and not want to blame that for the leg pain.

No comments: