Friday, March 30, 2007

Zip It

Today it suddenly occurred to me that our movies dubbed into German might also have German text (subtitles)… and they do! Duh. So I’ll now be watching “Cars” in German with German text on. Awesome! It’ll help me figure out what they’re saying, even if I don’t understand all the words yet.

Wee Laddie zipped up his vest all by himself!! He’s been working on it for some time now and I keep telling him, “Zippers are hard. You probably won’t be able to zip it up by yourself ‘til you’re… I dunno, maybe 6. A *long* time from now.” So this morning he put on his vest and wanted me to zip it up. I said I’d do it in a minute, but I was in the middle of something in the kitchen. He comes back over about a minute later and the thing was completely zipped up! I could hardly believe it.

We drove up to Schweinfurt tonight to hang out with Guitarman for at least part of the weekend. It’s pretty close to Wurzburg and Guitarman is in a hotel in some small town nearby, so we stopped over at Wurzburg for Taco Bell dinner. I know it’s not real Mexican food, but it’s the closest thing we can get if we go out somewhere. We got there pretty late (like right around Wee Laddie’s bedtime), but I couldn’t really postpone since I’d already told Wee Laddie we were going. He does so well with odd things as long as I tell him ahead of time. When I spring things on him, all bets are off.

No comments: