Friday, March 30, 2007

See Ya at IKEA

When Wee Laddie woke up this morning, he jumped up & said, “Potty!” I thought, “Wow, is this the day?” Nope.

Kids’ Club was very wild today. In a good way.There were just lots of kids & they were all running around yelling and having a wonderful time. We have a dad now, who has come to Kids Club twice and was at sign class yesterday. He’s got 3 very well-behaved and beautiful children. I haven’t had an actual conversation with him yet, but it’s kind of nice to have a dad there, just for a change. One of the moms there is suddenly showing. I asked her about it (she’s quite thin, so it was blatantly obvious that she’s preggo and not just putting on weight). She is 4.5 months pregnant—with twins!—and is *just now* showing!

Wee Laddie had a short nap (he didn’t sleep well last night, either) so we went to IKEA. It was the first time I’ve been there & just had fun. Like I wasn’t in a rush, Guitarman wasn’t there acting impatient (which I find odd because he does actually like nice furniture… I guess he just wants it to magically appear in the house. For free.) We ate lunch there and Wee Laddie was making friends with another little boy who was there with his parents. It was very cute… I, of course, was *so* wishing I spoke German so I could have had at least a brief conversation with his parents. Wee Laddie was over by this boy in his highchair and another little kid came over. That kid’s mom said something about “kinder,” but that’s all I caught. So frustrating. I wish I could take an intensive course while still getting to spend so much time with Wee Laddie. I got lots of good stuff, including a computer desk (well, a small table, really) for 30 euro. Haha! No more typing on the floor! And at a bargain, to boot. :)

The last 2 nights, Wee Laddie hasn’t fallen asleep until like 10pm. He was saying something about “coming home now” and naming his Denver cousins. I told him that Daddy’s coming home soon and that this is our home for now. I think it’s weirding him out because the last time Daddy went away, we moved here. And I think he’s probably wondering if we’re moving again since Daddy’s away again.

Talked to my dear friend Jodi from back home today. She’s pregnant again (her awesome daughter Rachel is the bride to Wee Laddie’s groom in the pics some of you have seen) and she’s learned that it’s another girl! I am so happy for them, and Rachel’s going to be a fantastic big sister!!

No comments: