Friday, March 9, 2007

Absolute Clod

We have started to watch Sesamstrasse again. It’s interesting… I sort of expected it to just be dubbed into German, but it’s not. The set is different, as are the people and muppets (except for Bert, Ernie, Grover and Elmo and occasional appearances by some of the other regulars). One of the main characters is a snail and there’s a Kermit-type character that is a sheep. They have a grouch character, but he’s quite a bit less scruffy than Oscar. Oh, and Elmo’s fish is called Gloria.

Wee Laddie and I have the funniest arguments these days. He’s very into contradiction… me, the Pimsleur German CDs I often play in the car, so we’ll have conversations like this:
“Go playground today now?” (Mind you, this is after 2 hours of play with other kids in the morning, followed by lunch with Daddy.)
“No, we have to go home and take a nap.”
“No take nap. Go playground.”
“Nope, not gonna happen.”
“Yeah gonna happen.”

Today as we were leaving Kids’ Club, Wee Laddie was looking at some kid art that was on display on a shelf in the entry to the building. I’d told him not to touch them (they’re made out of Legos and foil and stuff) but he wanted to anyway, of course. So when he reached for one I stepped over to grab him and my foot slipped on the wet floor (they’d just cleaned) and my feet went straight out in front of me… I fell and kicked Wee Laddie into the shelves we were next to. Man, I thought I was going to have a heart attack watching him slam into the shelves like that…unable to stop it. He cried (‘cause it scared the crap out of him, I’m sure) but was perfectly fine. I, on the other hand, am going to have an incredible bruise on my arm. I don’t know what I hit, but I’m predicting black & blue from my elbow 2/3 of the way to my wrist. I’m hoping Arnica helps ‘cause it does not feel pretty.

No comments: