Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Stare Master

(that’s what my mom calls the TV)

No at-home playgroup today… I dropped the ball as far as picking up if nobody else offered to host. I kind of hoped people would jump on it, but that’s okay. We’ll try to pick it up in 2 weeks. Wee Laddie and I hung out for a mellow day, just watching movies & such.

We have sort of a TV “routine” now. Back home we watched “Teletubbies” and “Sesame Street”, then TV off for the rest of the day (at least ‘til Daddy got home). Here, as long as we’re watching in German, I feel like it’s contributing to his brain development. So we usually watch Sesamstrasse (as I’ve mentioned before), then is “Engie Benjy, der Motormann,” (UK Show “Engie Benjy”… don’t know if it’s on in the US), “Todd’s tolle Welt” (“Todd’s World”), “Morgen Oli” (very interesting show with a lion puppet and live parrots… of course I have no idea what they’re saying except that they talk facts about animals) and last is “Au Schwarte!” (UK show Jakers, which we saw a couple of times back home). In a stroke of fabulous luck, we seem to have lost track of "Teletubbies," and they don’t seem to have “Wonderpets,” for those of you who are wondering.

No comments: