Friday, March 23, 2007

No Secrets from the Kid

Had a really good turnout at Kids’ Club. Our groups just seem to get bigger & bigger! Sabine (Johanna’s mom) brought this tiny little German-English dictionary (really, like 2 x 2.5” or something… it was amazing it could hold enough info to be actually useful) with her today, and Wee Laddie was carrying it all around. He told me, “Book, book,” and I said, “Yes, that is a book. It’s a dictionary.” He said, “Dictionary,” clear as day. The moms around me laughed. He’s a really good mimic.

After that we went to the Commissary. I saw some Easter Egg dyes. I picked them up and said, “Oh, Grandma will be here for Easter.” Duh, after being so careful to not mention Grandma’s visit. What a moron. Wee Laddie, of course, jumped on that and said, “Grandma coming?” I’m like, “Oh, Mommy doesn’t know what she’s saying. You know what I was talking about? I was talking about Easter and how we should decorate some eggs and this is a kit with all the dyes in it…” blah blah blah. I did manage to change the subject with my yammering, but I’m not sure he bought it. Oy.

I find it interesting that they sell pre-dyed Easter eggs in the local markets here. They have this strange, overdyed/painted look to them and I’m not sure whether they are cooked or not. (Again, the language thing.) And here I thought that Americans were the only ones who would have that kind of a shortcut available.

No comments: