Thursday, March 1, 2007

Puss in Boots

After lunch with Guitarman, I went to pay the cell phone bill. How’s this for logical: You have to use the APO for billing, so the bill goes first to the US then back here.. so it takes like 10 days or so. By the time you get the bill, it’s nearly due (we got our last one just a day before the due date). If you send the bank form in (they don’t seem to use checks here much… even our rent is paid automatically through our bank), it takes like 10 days so you’re late and probably your phone will be shut off. We have to go pay the bill in person every month, which would be fine if this particular office had longer hours and/or weren’t so busy during their open hours. It seems so odd to me that in a country where you can pay practically every bill automatically, you can’t go online to pay. Or, heaven forbid, just mail in a check.

In light of Wee Laddie’s recent obsession with all things kitty-cat, he wanted me to sing a kitty-cat song when I tucked him in. The only one I could think of was Adam Ant’s “Puss in Boots.” I need to look up the lyrics, though, as I could only remember the chorus.

That reminds me of a project I want to do… to come up with a list of songs that mention things that kids are interested in. Happy songs, not like “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer,” which I so wish was a happy song, as Wee Laddie is really into tools right now.

No comments: