Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ich Möchte Deutsch Sprechen

Got to swim class totally late, so we pretty much missed everyone. I still wanted to take Wee Laddie, though, ‘cause he loves it so much. I was actually hoping we wouldn’t even see anybody so they wouldn’t hassle me, but we did bump into Jeanette & Ashley and Sabine & Johanna in the locker room. Today we only went down the slide twice and Wee Laddie is still doing great with his swim practice. He has very little hesitation about the whole thing… very cool.

Tried the 2nd German class today, it’s hard to say how the levels are organized… there’s this class, the one I went to last week, and an “Advanced” class. This one felt way over my head, but there were 2 people in there who were obviously *way* more confused than I was, so I’ll stay. I like a good challenge…I’ll probably learn so much more this way.

The aforementioned Jeanette turned out to be in the German class as well. It’s nearly all Americans… there are 2 non-native-English-speakers who are Asian. No idea from where, as we don’t really get much of a chance to socialize. I think most of the class are people connected to the base, as well. Not suprising, I guess. Anyway, Jeanette’s husband has applied to be an exchange officer (I think that’s what she said) in Zurich and if he gets it, they’ll be the only Americans there. On base, not in Zurich. ;) So she’s learning German out of fear.

No comments: