Sunday, March 4, 2007

The TV is Back!

Went to Media Markt today & got a few more DVDs. Got a couple more animated movies for Wee Laddie since “Cars” has been such a hit. I think it’s so awesome that we can get all the movies in German. I know they usually come in Spanish at home (and that’s awesome, too, of course) but German is so rare there. And here, nearly everything seems to come in German, Turkish and English.

The satellite guy finally came back and got our German satellite hooked up again! Yay! I’ll be so happy to have things we can watch in German again. Hopefully I can get Wee Laddie interested in Sesamstrasse and some of the other kids’ shows that are on.

I seem to be having a rekindled interest in linguistics. I guess it’s really the languages themselves that fascinate me. Of course I say that now, but if you hand me a book by say, Deborah Tannen, it’s suddenly all about communication in general, and gender differences and all that. Then there’s the whole language acquisition thing… I’m lucky enough to be able to be right there with Wee Laddie as he’s in the throes of that. It is phenomenal to witness.

I think, at some point, I’m going to have to consider going back to school. I cannot believe I just said that. (Thanks a lot, Annie. Did you notice how it’s morphed from kids’ language learning to linguistics as a whole? I’ll send you my tuition bills. haha)

No comments: