Monday, March 19, 2007

The View from Here

Cold today, but we didn’t get snow until late… and then it was “icing,” according to Guitarman. I looked outside, but couldn’t really tell how it was coming down, just that something was, in fact, coming down.

They turn off the castle lights here at night. I’m not sure at what time they do it (it’s pretty late), but it makes an interesting contrast to the insidious glowing blue light of the Qwest sign in downtown Denver… you can see it from miles & miles away and I don’t think they *ever* turn it off. (Ever wonder why your rates keep going up?)

Did I ever mention that we can see the castle from our house in Parsberg? This is our view here:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this is the view we had back in Colorado:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pretty comparable aesthetics, I’d say… different, but both beautiful. I am a lucky girl.

*Please note: Now that I've got it sorted out how to show photos here, I'll be going back to add them to some other posts. I'll let you know when they're all in there.

No comments: