Saturday, March 3, 2007

More Candy for the Kid

Today we had playgroup at Jennifer & Maddie’s house. I was, at first, knocking at the wrong door. They live in a row house, so I didn’t realize there was a 21 and a 21a. Their neighbor came downstairs with her wrapped-in-towel hair to sweetly tell me that they lived next door.

The kids had a really good time. Wee Laddie seems to bring out Maddie’s competitive side. I’m not sure what that’s about. They don’t seem to dislike each other, it’s just that Maddie always wants whatever Wee Laddie has.

We had lunch with Guitarman at the mess hall today (as we often do) and as we were leaving, Wee Laddie became a kittycat and lay down on the floor. I let go of his hand and kept walking, saying something about, “I’ll be out here when you’re ready to go,” or whatever. One of the mess hall employees chose *that moment* to give Wee Laddie a chocolate Santa Claus or some such nonsense. So, of course, he got up off the floor and was totally distracted from my irritation. If people only knew the chaos they were creating in my life of disciplining my toddler to make him a human that they want to have contact with… they surely would not do things like that.

And a very rare occurrence today… a nap that lasted nearly 3 hours! Wee Laddie, not me.

No comments: