Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Weathering the Weather

Today was a Beautiful Day. They are rare here, this time of year. At one of the first yoga classes I went to, one of the moms was commenting on how gorgeous it was the day before. I was like, “Huh?” ‘cause, you know, the sun was out for a bit, but it was still cold--and probably damp from the rain the day(s) before. (For those of you who don’t live in Colorado, that claim of 300+ days of sunshine is NOT an exaggeration. We are not used to being deprived of our daily dose.) It struck me as funny at the time, but I’ve already adjusted. There was sun, so today was beautiful. Ah, winter in Bavaria.

No yoga today and we still haven’t gotten our Signing Time DVDs so we went to play on the playground by the commissary. Poor Wee Laddie was so hoping for other kids to be there, but it was just us. I know he loves me, but he sure prefers to play with other kids. This is definitely my child, this little social butterfly who will go just about *anywhere* if I tell him there might be another kid there.

We live probably a mile or so (No, I still don’t know how much that is in kilometers…and I’m a terrible judge of large distances like that. Sure, I can tell you if your business cards have been cut crooked, even if it’s a fraction of a millimeter… but a mile? Two miles? No clue. At any rate, it’s not terribly far.) from the train station in Parsberg and I just noticed tonight that I can hear the trains from Wee Laddie’s room. I cannot, however, hear the loud chatter of our friendly Turkish neighbors from there when they’re outside on their deck and sounding like they’re in the master bedroom. Usually during Wee Laddie’s naptime.

No comments: