Friday, July 27, 2007

Regensburg I

Wee Laddie opted to skip Kids’ Club so he could go to Regensburg with the Js (“my friends,” he calls them). Guitarman and I talked about taking a boat trip to Valhalla and walking around there. By the time we’d all showered and eaten, we got there about 11am. We stopped for pretzels and walked across the Old Stone Bridge and over to the boat tour place. The Valhalla tour wasn’t ‘til 2pm, so that counted out me & Wee Laddie, since we were still planning to include a nap in our day. (We had to take both cars since we won’t all fit in either one.) So we saw another tour that started in about 30 minutes so we took that one. It was a 50-minute ride on the Donau (Danube). The water was too high for them to take the usual route, so we went the opposite way. I think that was a mistake. Not to say that it was awful or anything, but rather than seeing the buildings in the city of Regensburg we were looking at trees, mostly. There was like one building of note that we went past (of course I’ve already forgotten what it is)



and a village that we could see but didn’t pass, and most of the rest of the audio portion was general info about Regensburg’s history. A little disappointing except for the beach club, which I found rather amusing.



Ate lunch at a fairly traditional German restaurant, and managed mostly in German as our waitress didn’t speak much English. The Js are pretty good sports about trying the language. That’s a good thing, as they’ll be on their own in München and Salzburg for 5-6 days.

After lunch, Wee Laddie and I headed home for nap while everyone else went off to see more of Regensburg. My little guy fell asleep on the way home and it somehow fit into the “sure, I’ll go back to sleep” window, so all was good at home. He slept almost 2 hours… by then everyone else was home. I heard Wee Laddie calling, “Mommy!” so I went to check on him and as soon as I opened the door he came running over saying, “I’m all done sleeping!” as chipper as can be. I love that. Good, long nap for a then well-rested, happy child. That is pretty close to utter bliss for me. And I got a little time to check email & stuff, so that’s the topping.

A playgroup friend from back home just had her 2nd baby, so our pal Avi is now officially a big brother! :)

No comments: