Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Go Away, Naps!

I hate naptime. Hate it, despise it, wish it would get the hell out of my life. My darling son was nearly asleep when we got home today. So tired, in fact, that he wanted me to carry him into the house. We went straight upstairs and lay on the bed (him on top of me, while I was semi-sitting) and I sang him a song. He moved to lie on his own pillow and then his head pops up. Ugh. Wide friggin’ awake. How the hell did that happen? I’m apparently only singing myself to sleep. This behavior usually means he’s got to poop, but despite the fact that it usually only takes him about 10 seconds to do that, it’s the getting him to actually do it that is the chore. He sat on the potty, got a new diaper, made Mommy come unglued, had a few minutes to himself while Mommy gathered herself, bounced on the yoga ball, snuggled on the bed. Nothing. No sleep, no poop. I told him to have quiet time and left again. Hopefully 10 minutes or so will produce something that will allow me to get him to sleep.

And I want to take him swimming tomorrow morning (to wear him out so he’ll nap well before Aunt Lisa & her lot get here). But if he doesn’t nap today, I’m not so sure I’ll be up for that tomorrow. That puts us at a fairly good-sized risk for some seriously whiny, hyper behavior… not such a good thing at the pool. Or any public place, for that matter.

Wee Laddie’s legs were hurting today… the only thing I can think of to blame it on is growing pains. He hasn’t done anything unusually crazy or anything recently. I sure hope that’s all it is and that it goes away quickly!

Guitarman worked 2-10, so no late-day break from my crappy mom-day.

No comments: