Saturday, July 21, 2007

Labor-free in Laaber

We had lunch with a very pregnant Christina G (due any minute). We tried a different restaurant in Laaber this time… Greek. I’m not that familiar with “real” Greek dishes but I usually like everything without eggplant. I don’t know if the Greeks are that into pork or if the menu’s been Germanified, but I had a grilled, kebob kind of dish that had pork and rice. Wee Laddie ate some rice, but no pork. It was quite good, but definitely pork… fatty-tasting. The proprietor of the restaurant came over and asked something about Wee Laddie but I had no clue what he was saying. I just looked at Christina, hoping she’d help. She did, of course. He was offering Wee Laddie some ice cream. I said it was okay and he brought out the cutest little ice cream bar… it was actually an appropriate size for Wee Laddie to eat (well, relatively speaking, anyway). And he was thrilled.

I provided just a tiny bit of reassurance for Christina that babies are neither boring nor horrible (some people have been filling her head with nonsense)… she seemed relieved when I told her that it actually is fun. It’ll be fun to see her as a mama next time we see her!

Headed home for a late start to our nap… I had to wake Wee Laddie for our dinner & movie plan. We went to the Burger King and the food court was completely packed. They have a photographer there this weekend and they were using 1/4 of the food court as a studio. And it was super-busy foodwise, ‘cause there were lots of kids there for pictures and/or the movie. The Burger King people were insanely slow, and one of them actually left mid-shift because she’d had enough. We barely made it to the movie on time, but we did. We watched Pixar’s new “Ratatouille.” I thought it was cute. Not as funny and kid-friendly as most of their movies, but still pretty good.

1 comment:

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

You were right - babies are pretty awesome! We'll have to hang out sometime soon so you can meet Oliver!