Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Oh, to Understand

This morning Wee Laddie wanted to watch my Yoga video. I told him I didn’t think it would be very interesting, since it’s just people stretching but he still wanted to. And sort of did. I’ve been talking about yoga so much that he’s all interested in it, too. Too bad there isn’t that class on base anymore. Since I actually busted out the video today, maybe I’ll get around to doing some yoga. It’s so hard to find time. I’m too hungry before breakfast, then you’re supposed to wait two hours. Well, that’s lunchtime for us, then comes nap. If there’s a fast enough start to nap, I might be able to work it in then. Otherwise, I’m just not sure when.

I got chided for taking a closed road today. Wee Laddie had finally fallen asleep & I was desperately trying not to miss the window where he’d go back to sleep after I carried him in from the car. In case you don’t know, Germans as a group are very rules-oriented (not that they follow them, but they get all bent out of shape if you don’t). so I was scolded even though there wasn’t actually any construction going on yet. For whatever reason it really upset me and I longed to be in a place where I understand everything.

Bowling alley for dinner tonight. Must stop going there. I really wanted Buffalo Wild Wings, but thought the bowling alley might work. Should’ve stuck to the frozen buffalo tenders we get at the commissary. Tonight the food didn’t take so long (I haven’t had the nerve to order a burger again there yet), but I ordered 1 large drink, 1 medium drink and one ice water. The cashier charged us for 2 large drinks and one medium. I really should have complained but I didn’t. And you don’t see the itemized receipt ‘til after they’ve trekked across the bowling alley to use the charge card thingy (not that it’s my fault they don’t have one at the food area, but you know). Don’t know why they don’t repeat the order back to you. I guess I partly don’t want to make a big stink lest they start spitting in our food or something. I mean if we had more options, I’d probably be a little more vocal about it. Or else we’d just stop going there.

But our (non-BK or –pizza) options on base are there or the sandwich shop, and I’m trying to avoid eating too much bread for my weight. And those low-carb wraps are crap. And Guitarman still isn’t psyched about the döner shops, much to my dismay.

No comments: