Monday, July 30, 2007

Cars Everywhere

Had the yummy hotel breakfast this morning. The Germans sure know how to do a good breakfast. We had an astounding one at a 5-star hotel in Berlin several years ago. This wasn’t on that level, but it was quite good. There were pancakes, waffles, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), croissants, assorted breads, cold meats, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, jam, fruit, vegetables, cheese… I’m not sure I covered everything, but that’s the gist. I love a good German hotel breakfast. Yum.

Then we headed over to the Hauptbahnhof to find the store were the Js tour departs from tomorrow. They leave early in the morning and wanted to make sure they could find it. While Guitarman helped the adult Js find the store, Wee Laddie, Jessica (the little J) and I watched trains for a bit. I thought it’d be more interesting for Wee Laddie than it was… turned out we only got to see one train come in and one leave.

We went to the Olympiazentrum again (we’d gone there with Grandma-Nana and Aunt Kaffee). This time we went into the BMW Museum which was small but pretty cool. You could get up really close to most of the cars and look right in the windows and stuff. And they’re BMWs, so it was a lot of really beautiful cars.



When we went to the main Olympiazentrum part, we went up in the Olympia Turn, which is this very high tower. From there you have a pretty amazing view of the city and a really neat view of the Olympic stuff. It was quite windy at the top.







We had lunch at the café in the park area and then Guitarman, Wee Laddie and I headed home. Wee Laddie was starting to hit the wall, attitude-wise, so we figured we’d better get going before things turned ugly. We did squeeze in a little play time first.



Wee Laddie fell asleep pretty quickly but only slept for 50 minutes. He woke crying… not sure if he had a nightmare or what. We had some food at an autohof on the way, and more food at home. I’m exhausted. So tired that all I want to do is sit on the sofa.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I would NOT want to be on top of a high tower in the wind. Eek!

I don't know that I've seen Guitarman before. Good times.

Nick said...

Your Blog is really interesting, I really enjoy it. Its nice to read about other peoples adventures in Germany. I have a site like yours: The Life In Germany dot Com
I just write about random German stuff