Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Here Come the Js

We ended up going swimming despite Wee Laddie’s lack of nap yesterday… but only because he settled down very quickly last night (a bit early) and got a good night’s sleep. Thank goodness. The German schoolkids go on vacation next week, so these places will probably be too crowded to bother with for the next 7 or so weeks.

Wee Laddie and Kaitlyn had a wonderful time! I had Wee Laddie in the big pool and was trying to work with him about putting his face in (he did well even though it’s been a while) and this older German woman came over and talked to me. The first comment or two, I just sort of smiled… but she kept talking, so I had to tell her that I don’t understand much German. We muddled through a little bit of a conversation, but it wasn’t much. She was very sweet. I don’t know if Bavarians are only this friendly when there are children involved, but I’ve been very lucky on that front. (Touch wood.)

After we were done swimming we decided to have some lunch. After paying €15 at Jura Zoo for lunch, I’d decided to pack a lunch. And since Kelly drove both times, I packed one for them, too. Unlike in the US, we were actually able to just buy a couple of beverages and then eat our own food at the café in the pool area. They didn’t even give us a look.

Here are a couple of photos that Kelly emailed me:





The Js (Guitarman’s sister and her family) arrived sometime after 6pm. Guitarman went to pick them up and I didn’t bother trying to put Wee Laddie down for bed as I knew he’d pop out of bed once he heard the garage door. (We shouldn’t have told him when they were coming, I suppose, but I don’t like to catch him totally off-guard.) He was seriously jazzed about having visitors, of course, and worked his Wee Laddie charm on them. Did it work? But of course. And they brought him some “Cars” toys, so they charmed him as well.

No comments: