Monday, June 11, 2007

Nature Channel, Right Here

I’ve probably mentioned that we pretty much live in the sticks out here. Our town (Parsberg) is one of the bigger towns in the area, and from what I can gather from the town’s web site, the population of Parsberg and the nearby towns (more or less from here to the base, I think) is around 6600. At any rate, we see hawks out here all the time, flying in their big, gliding circles. It’s a wonder I haven’t run off the road from craning my neck to watch those things fly… they’re so amazing! Well, today we got a very rare treat: We were doing our backroad drive on the way home from base, and we saw a hawk dive down and snag a mouse and take off again with it in its talons. I’m not really a “Let’s watch some animals get eaten on the Nature Channel” type, but it was a stunning site to see taking place right there in front of us. I’d have pulled the car over to watch, but there wasn’t even time.

Wee Laddie has been wanting to be a baby a lot recently. Of course, in my O-tay way, I’m imagining the possible reasons for that. One of my theories is that he’s missing his friends & family from back home and wants to regress back to when he was a baby and got to see them all the time. He loves to look at this binder I have with little contact sheets of all the photos of him (since birth), and I realize now that I’ve only got his first year of photos in there. So maybe that explains it. I’ll have to get it updated, then we can talk about all the fun things he can do now that he’s bigger that he couldn’t do as a baby. Hopefully that’ll help. I don’t think it’s conducive to potty-training to have him wanting to be a baby. I did find a photo, though, of him sitting on the potty at like 5 months, so I printed that out for him to look at. Subtle, eh?



Wee Laddie has started undoing the top clip of his car seat belt. Oy. I’m now working on, “You have to ASK before you can unclip it.” Today I was driving along and happened to glance back & it was hanging open. Yikes.

We went to the commissary today and Wee Laddie pointed at a woman and said, “I recognize her from my class.” Now, to be fair, I may have just said something similar, but still he put it all together that way. And he was right, it was the mom who is pregnant with twins, and we see her at signing class and at Kid’s Club.

No comments: