Saturday, June 16, 2007

Courtesy of the Slow Cooker

Went to the fabulous bowling alley on base for dinner tonight. Just to change it up from our Burger King usual. I got a little annoyed because our order was taking a really long time, so I went to ask about it. Now those of you who know me, know that I’m a very polite sort of person and would phrase it nicely and all that. But Little Miss behind the counter pulled a whole bunch of attitude. I pointed out that a bunch of people who came in after us had already gotten their food. (This happened to us once before and they had, in fact, forgotten to make our order.) She said that ours was taking longer because we ordered a burger and the other people were ordering easy things. So, word to the wise: a hamburger now requires a 35+-minute cooking time.

The jukebox is usually blaring when we go to eat there, and tonight was no different. What was different was that we heard a new, rapped up version of the theme from “The Jeffersons.” Yeah, you’re movin’ on up, all right, whoever you are.

I’ve been tagged.
I’m not sure why these things go around amongst bloggers… like we don’t talk about ourselves enough, really? I’m supposed to share 8 facts/habits about myself and then tag 8 other bloggers. Well, I only know 2 other bloggers: Kristin tagged me, and Christina has done this one before, so I’m going to be the lame-o chain-letter killer. But I’ll post the 8 things I’m supposed to.

Fact. You probably wouldn't guess it, but I am actually highly competitive. It goes all the way back to when I was really little. I think that the reason I learned to read at such a young age (by 3) was so that I could do it before my brother did.

Fact. I generally feel that showers are a complete waste of time. Except for that whole needing to be clean thing.

Fact. I assume that I’m allergic to seafood, but don’t really know for sure. I got sick on shrimp once as a young child and haven’t had it since. I am hyper-sensitive to the smell, though… if eggrolls come to the table, I can tell you if they have shrimp in ‘em.

Fact. I love people. Not in that customer service kind of way (I’m not actually very good at that), but in a “Let’s call O-tay. She’ll go!” kind of way. I will shirk nearly any responsibility for a chance to be with people.

Habit. I wish that I needed only a couple of hours of sleep a night. I’ve always been a night owl and these days I often nap with my toddler because I’ve stayed up way too late the night before. That’s also why I often fall asleep with him at 9pm. (Hey, parenting is tiring work.)

Habit. I am frequently late. (Guitarman would say “always,” but the truth is I’m much better since we’ve been together… he’s extremely punctual.) It’s not that I think I’m more important than anyone else… I just always underestimate the amount of time it takes me to do things.

Fact. I’ve often wished I could teleport myself places. Longed for it, in fact. (Largely because of the lateness.)

Habit. I used to bite my nails. My grandmother offered me $1 per nail to grow them out but I never could. I finally kicked it when I was in my twenties.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thank you for playing along. I always like to read about my pals. :)

Tags are kind of annoying, though, aren't they?