Saturday, June 2, 2007

Dere’s a Bug

This morning Wee Laddie said to me, “Need piece of paper. Dere’s a bug downstairs." (Then, correcting himself, 'cause we were already downstairs), "Dere’s a bug by door,” and when I went to help, “Dere’s da bug Wee Laddie was talking about.” Wow.

Went to our Little Troopers playgroup today. Wee Laddie did a great job of sharing and played very well with the other kids. He usually does well, but it seemed especially impressive today. No little squabbles over a particular toy, no time-outs for hitting or not apologizing… just smooth sailing.

Unfortunately, the rest of the day was pretty rough as discipline goes. I don’t even want to think about it long enough to write it all out, but there was more than one time-out and I really just wanted to smack that adorable child of mine (who was probably just out of control from not napping—despite 2 separate 1-hour attempts by me to get him down). I hate days like this. We’ve always struggled a lot on the sleep front… naps in particular. If he weren’t so cranky and on edge without a nap, I would have given up long ago.

I grilled chicken & veggies for dinner… this was maybe the first time I’ve ever done a full dinner like that on the grill all by myself. It was decent, but I need to work on the timing. It certainly wasn’t as yummy as the dinners Aunt Kaffee and I produced while she was here. Harumph.

No comments: