Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Daddy’s Fault

We saw some jets going over Parsberg today. The helicopters fly over here fairly often (it only really annoys me at naptime or late at night), but we don’t see jets too frequently. They must have been practicing something, as they were in formation… 3 together. I don’t actually know whether they’re American or German. There aren’t planes on the base here, so we’re not sure where they come from.

Somehow, Wee Laddie peed down his leg (with a diaper on) twice today. The 2nd time, Guitarman said, “It’s Daddy’s fault, sorry about that,” so for like the next 10 minutes Wee Laddie kept saying “It’s Daddy’s fault, it’s Daddy’s fault.” I’m like, “Yeah, but it would be okay even if it weren’t Daddy’s fault. This potty thing takes practice, and it’s all fine.” He didn’t seem to be listening to me, which has me a little concerned. Are we sending him some kind of negative message when he misses? Or is it some kind of pressure he’s putting on himself? Not too long ago we were having some nakey dupa time and he was sitting on my lap and started to pee. I felt it hit my leg and popped him up off my lap, but I didn’t jump up or anything. He immediately started crying and saying, “I peed on you!” So I told him that he’d just barely hit my leg, but that it was no big deal anyway… I’ll just wash it off. I suppose I need to increase the nakey dupa time so he gets more used to it.

So far I’m not too impressed with the Epson Storyteller photo book thing… it’s only set up for one-sided pages (and the layouts are not like what I was working with online), so I’ll have to do the layouts myself in Photoshop. Good thing I’ve spent so much time in Photoshop—and have already planned out which photos go where--or this would be stressing me out a little bit. It’ll be tricky to get it done in time, but I’ll manage.

No comments: