Monday, June 4, 2007

Bowling Ellie

Did the usual Sunday stuff. Wee Laddie didn’t want to take his nap. We were headed home from base just before the “ideal” naptime, so I thought he’d drop off if I just drove around a little extra. Ha. Shows ya how much I know. Kiddo was wide friggin’ awake the whole time, and we drove around for about an hour. Took the back way from where the Parsberg autobahn exit is (which I often do if he’s looking sleepy… just gives us about 5 extra minutes on the drive home) and then headed over to Velburg. Drove around the stadtmitte there and then worked our way back over here.

When we got home I bounced him on the yoga ball and then we lay down and he finally went to sleep. I stayed and napped, too, as he wasn’t too convincingly asleep. He lasted there about 1.5 hrs, so that’s pretty good. (He always naps longer if I stay.)

After Guitarman got home we decided to go to the bowling alley for lunch. On the way there, Wee Laddie was talking about Ellie (Grandma’s dog) and saying, “Bowling Ellie.” Now I’m pretty sure he understands that those are not the same thing (we’ve been to the bowling alley many times before) but then he was asking, “Grandma go?” (He still asks questions without the w-words… so that translates to, “Where did Grandma go?”) Since Grandma-Nana was just here, I wasn’t completely sure which one he was talking about, so we answered about both. It’s impossible to know how much of all of this he really understands.

Today we finally went to Riedenburg all together. It was very crowded and we realized they were having a little Renaissance Fair there. They called it a “mittelalterfest” or something like that. It was different than the one I’m used to (there’s a huge one in Larkspur, Colorado every summer, for those of you who don’t know), but interesting. I think that kind of thing appeals more to me than it does to Guitarman, but we had a leisurely walk around it. Then we took a footpath to the altstadt (old town) and then back to the car.

Grilled again at home. It’ll be yummy once I work out the hotspots on the grill and cooking times for different foods. Tonight I pretty much charred everything. Guitarman didn’t even complain about the piece of red pepper that he said pretty much just disappeared when he put it into his mouth (I only know this ‘cause I asked, “Oh, so you ate the really burnt one? I meant to warn you.”), so kudos to him for that. ‘Course he doesn’t want to cook it himself, so he keeps his mouth shut. Smart man. ;)

No comments: