Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Dually. In Deutschland?

I saw a dually truck driving around today. Now, obviously, it’s American. (I’d be shocked if they even *make* duallies here.) I had to wonder at the logic of bothering to ship a dually over. It must be such a huge pain in the ass to park… hell, even to drive around. Guitarman’s co-worker, Charlie, and his wife, Thalisa, recently bought a Volvo SUV here. Charlie said they’d booked a hotel room when they went to pick it up and the person giving them directions told them a different way than what was on the map, so Charlie asked about it. “Oh,” the woman said, “your car is too big to go that way.”

Today Wee Laddie and I were chit-chatting in the car. We often talk about what we’ll be doing today, or our plans for the rest of the week or whatever. I can’t remember now what I mentioned, but he said, “That be fun. That be awesome!” And the ‘80s live on through my child’s vocabulary.

Truckers here in Germany often get those little mini-license plates with their names on them, then stick them in the windshield. So you see a truck and you know that Dieter is driving. Weird. Can you see that flying with truckers in the US?

Wee Laddie slept in his own room again tonight. I wonder if this is becoming a trend.

No comments: