Tuesday, May 1, 2007

In My Room

Wee Laddie slept in his own room all night last night! He chose to be there and didn’t change his mind like he did last night. We haven’t really gotten around to trying to move him back to his own bed. We’re kind of in that “well, he won’t sleep with us forever” place and it’s working okay. But lately he’s sort of developed an interest in sleeping in his own room. I’m kind of surprised that he’s pursuing it on his own, as he’s so mommy-oriented all day.

We are still watching “Cars” pretty much every day. Wee Laddie knows most of the characters’ names. Interestingly, though, he doesn’t relate himself to the characters the way he does in “Flushed Away.” Sometimes when I say something to him he’ll completely ignore what I’m saying to correct me: “I not Wee Laddie, I mouse woman.”

I don’t think I’m going to be able to keep doing daily posts. Those of you who are reading these entries as I post them know that I’m currently about a month behind, and I write the entries based on my notes in my PDA (I have a terrible memory). So I’m coming across entries where I’ll have just a word or two that was supposed to remind me of something, like I just read one that said, “written.” Well, what the hell is that supposed to remind me of from a month ago? I have no freakin’ idea, so if I have days like that I’m just going to skip them. I may have enough goofy fillers (random observations about Germany or whatever) to fill them, but I might not. So you’ve been warned.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Well I didn't know you were writing from a month ago. Wow!

So...tell me more about "Cars". Easton can't get into it too much. How do you feel about when they say "you idiot!" and "You moron"? They make me cringe exposing my little guy to it...what to do? I thought I'd ask your wise, raising-an-awesome-kid, self...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm so pathetically far behind on the blog but don't want to leave stuff out, as this will be my own record of our time here... KWIM?

I guess the words don't bug me much. My parents actually let us swear when I was a kid (I know, weird) and we still learned early on when/where it was okay to say certain things. I just try to teach WL to always talk to people respectfully... if he calls someone "idiot" then I guess we'll treat it like we do if he hits someone. "It's not okay to talk to people like that." Apology, etc.

Oh, plus we usually watch in German so I have no idea what they're saying. ;)