Thursday, May 10, 2007

Slugs

We had sign class today. Our attendance still hasn’t gotten back up to where it was that one crazy day (when I wasn’t there) when we had 30+ people. I’m starting to think that’s a myth.

It was quite rainy yesterday, so we had some slugs in our driveway. I don’t think I’ve seen a slug since I was living in Chester, England in high school. I do remember from my childhood that my grandma (Dad’s mom) used to kill them with gasoline. However, I’m trying to not make Wee Laddie uncomfortable about any kinds of bugs, so I try to be really tolerant of them. They are really creepy little buggers, though… here’s a photo, in case you haven’t seen one close-up.

I suspect that Wee Laddie is fond of them because of the “Flushed Away” movie, in which they sing and are even almost cute. They are so not as cute as hedgehogs, which are another creature that I really didn’t see much of before living in England.

3 comments:

NomadMJ said...

I consider myself at least semi-tolerant of bugs and creepy-crawlies, but I think I'd have a hard time with a slug that big...

Kristin said...

Um, gross.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with both of you. It's that darned impressionable Wee Laddie that kept me from doing a full-on "Eeeewwww!" dance.

The worst part? They always end up right in the path of my car tires, so I have to find a stick to fling them away or risk slug ooze. Whic is even worse than slugs: live. Trust me.