Monday, May 7, 2007

A Woman on the Verge

I’m on the verge of a major blog catch-up. I’ve got a few random blogs that are missing, but then I’ve got many of them already done. Once I fill in the blanks, you’ll have lots to read. That’s either good or bad, depending on your perspective. Though if it were really bad, I don’t suppose you’d be here, reading. So nevermind.

We went up to Würzburg today, since it’s open on Sundays. Oh yeah, plus it has that darned Taco Bell. Even poor Wee Laddie now depends on a regular Taco Bell fix… he’ll suddenly start talking about “cheesy potatoes.” That kid doesn’t stand a chance at not liking Mexican food in some form. Let’s see, “salsa,” “hot sauce” and “relleno” were all among his first probably 50 words… so it’s a done deal, I think.

So while we were shopping at the PX, I got a surprise, “Wee Laddie and I wanted to get you something from the jewelry counter for Mother’s Day.” Wow. First time for jewelry, other than engagement/wedding rings. Nice. Imagine Guitarman’s delight when I walked away from the diamonds (just can’t see it after “Blood Diamond”), opting for Wee Laddie’s birthstone instead—more fitting, really, and picked out a lovely necklace for $15. Yup, you read that right. Did he pick well, or what? ;) We ended up adding on a bracelet (okay, that was over $100, but still not in diamond territory). So a lovely treat for me on behalf of my awesome son, by my thoughtful hubster.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Well, I am loving catching up.