Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Real Children

Wee Laddie said he didn’t want to go to Little Troopers this morning. I said, “Because you want to stay home and watch movies?” He said, “Yes.” I said, “No, we’re going to play with real children,” and told him that if we got there and he wasn’t having fun we could go do something else. But it wouldn’t be coming home to watch movies…. It would be something on base. Once we were there, of course, he had a ball.

On the way to Little Troopers, Wee Laddie was talking about his friend Avi from playgroup back home. I don’t know why it came up but it was odd because Jodi had just mentioned yesterday or the day before that she had just talked to Sarah (Avi’s mom). Must’ve been a vibe he picked up on or something.

Near the end of the day I’ll sometimes ask Wee Laddie, “What was your favorite part of today?” He usually says, “Umm… umm…” until I list off things that we did and then he’ll say, “Yeah,” to at least one of them. Today as soon as I asked, he said, “Little Troopers.” This from the boy who wanted to skip it entirely this morning. I wonder if he’s getting too much TV time. I tend to let him watch it more here, just because I want him to have the exposure to German, especially while we’re here and it can be reinforced for him by hearing it when we go out places. And Guitarman is pretty quick to turn the tube on… I usually keep it off ‘til at least 8am (when Sesamstrasse starts), but he’s a little more lax.

Happy birthday, Aunt Tam! :)

No comments: