Monday, October 15, 2007

Whole Much

While I was rocking Wee Laddie, he told me, “I love you whole much, Mommy.” I said, “I love you so much, too.” He said, “I love YOU whole much and I love Daddy whole much, too.” I was melting… what an awesome kid.

We’re all very excited because Grandma-Grandma arrives tomorrow for her visit! Wee Laddie has been talking about her whilst playing with his toys…I’ll hear him chit-chatting between toys and then say something like, “Oh, Grandma-Grandma’s not here yet.” I didn’t tell him that she’ll be here tomorrow as it’s so hard already to get him to fall asleep at night.

Tonight in German class we talked a bit about the challenges for Kerstin’s German students as they learn English. She said that one is that they don’t get the difference between “I speak” and “I am speaking” since “Ich spreche” would cover both in German. I knew it would be the case, but I find it reassuring to hear about some of their struggles and how there are things that are really difficult for them, just as there are for us. I also learned that my fellow student, Kim (whose German language skills put mine to shame, not that I’ve ever claimed that mine are any good), has been here for 3 years. That makes me feel much better, though he’s still got the whole different alphabet thing (he’s from Cambodia) to deal with.

After lunch today we made a stop at the library. While there, Wee Laddie pooped in his pants, so I had to use changing table to clean him up. He totally cried and I felt bad but don’t know how else to get him really clean. He’s such a trouper, though, and tries so hard to not be scared witless.

Went to the car wash (thank goodness they’re similar since I don’t understand most of the selections), too, and had a lateish nap. Tomorrow may be a little rough since we didn’t get any extra rest today.

Stinkin’ commissary closures on Monday trip me up all the friggin’ time.

No comments: