Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mother Worship

Have I mentioned that my mom is the coolest? Today she offered to help with any unfinished projects around the house, then ended up volunteering to watch Wee Laddie while Guitarman and I went out for dinner. We didn’t do dinner, but we went to see a movie (The Heartbreak Kid) on base. Niiiice. I thought the movie was silly & fun. Guitarman said it was entertaining, but the script wasn’t very tight. Whatever... it was great to have a night out without our little guy.

And even better to see him when we got home.

He did great for Grandma, though he wasn’t asleep when we got home. Guitarman went up ‘cause Wee Laddie was calling out, “How the movie was, Daddy?” And I followed to give hugs & kisses. When I got upstairs, Wee Laddie had his sad face on so I asked if he had fun with Grandma. He said he did and that he’d had a bath… but he had that look where he’s trying not to cry. That one really melts my heart. It’s like he knows there’s no reason to cry and he’s trying to be “strong,” but he really wants to cry. He must’ve really missed us… he’s not used to us both being away. Especially at bedtime.

Tomorrow is our big level II ultrasound where we should get more info on the odds of Schatzi having Downs and also about any issues about his/her heart. And we should find out whether it’s a boy or girl, too. I am hoping for a totally healthy (and “normal”) baby, of course. But I feel pretty much at peace with the idea of a Downs baby, too (I’m more concerned about the heart at this point). I’ve been picturing our family with a Downs baby so that I’m ready for it if I need to be. I just hope that if we do get Downs, we get to be at the healthy end of the spectrum.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Awwww, I didn't realize you were picturing things this way...I'm glad I've read farther back (or ahead?) and know things look non-Downs for Schatzi.