Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Long Day

Things didn’t go very well today. For some reason, our main breaker keeps tripping if we turn the heat on. Lovely. There were small things going wrong, too: got eggshell in Wee Laddie’s egg this morning, a bulb burned out in the bedroom, Guitarman got stuck on shift today because Dan (who is scheduled for it) is actually still in Greece on vacation. Minor things, but just one of those days where everything seems off.

Since Guitarman was stuck at the office all day, I went to the housing office with Wee Laddie in tow to see about the breaker. Since our landlord speaks very little English and we speak very little German, we figured it’d be easiest to go there and have them call him. They did and he was able to get somebody out to see what’s going on. (Not sure whether this is related to our previous power outage or not.) The guy was clearly in a big hurry and was very noisy, tromping through the house and talking loudly into his phone. At one point, Wee Laddie looked at me and said, “Is he shouting?” In the guy’s favor, he was pleasant and fast. Anyway, it seems to be working again.

Took a while, but I finally got through to the Klinik in Regensburg to schedule our Level II ultrasound. I tried to call in the morning but kept getting busy, busy, busy… then no answer. Ugh. When I did finally get to talk to someone I muddled through mostly in German, so that felt good. At least sort of. Our appointment is on a day that my mom will be here, so hopefully she can watch Wee Laddie and we can have our appointment without all the usual distractions.

Wee Laddie has gone poop twice in the potty today without me even saying anything! Guitarman rented him a Dora video as a treat so I told Wee Laddie that Daddy was bringing home a surprise.

Wee Laddie: Is it a new potty for me, at work?

Me: You need a new potty? What’s wrong with your old potty?

Wee Laddie: I don’t know, sweetie. It’s been a long day.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I don't know, sweetie?!?!? Oh my gosh that cracks me up. That W.L. What a silly!!!

I am so jealous about the pooping successes. Soooooooo jealous.