Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Feet in the Stirrups

Had an OB appointment today. They do things a little differently here, in that they’ve got you with your feet up at every appt. I finally asked why that is and she said they check your cervix and do a pH test, ‘cause apparently your pH levels change closer to labor. She asked if they don’t do that in the US and I told her that there are a bunch of appointments in mid-pregnancy where all they do is listen for the heartbeat and measure your growth. She seemed surprised.

In the bathroom at the doc’s office they had a poster advertising something... not sure what since it’s all in German, but it has a picture of two cute teenage girls on it. Wee Laddie said to me, “Look, it’s like you, mom. The purple one, not the pink one.”

The receptionist gave Wee Laddie a lollipop (also known as “woollypops” around here) while we were there and I let him keep it in the car since I wanted to stop at a store a few blocks away on the way out of town. When we got to the store, Wee Laddie asked if he could take his lollipop into the store. He looked at me very seriously and said, “I won’t drop it or spill it or spit it out.” As if.

No comments: