Thursday, October 18, 2007

Big Brother is Watching

Grandma-Grandma’s visit is going great so far. I’ve heard my son belly-laugh more in the past few days than in the last several weeks combined. It SO reinforces for me that the move back to Denver is the right decision for him, too.

We entertained Grandma by going to Kids’ Club today. Ok, really it was more so that Wee Laddie could run off some of his excess energy… he was unbelievable this morning. We got there on the early side for a change, so he got in LOTS of running around time, which he clearly needs desperately. I had to chase him around a bit to keep him from wreaking too much havoc. That’s not usually the case, but he was so very nearly out-of-control!

Wee Laddie spent some time entertaining babies again today. He is such a big sweetheart, it just makes me so proud. He’s so gentle and loving with the babies… he wanted to swaddle one, then made sure his paci was securely in his mouth. Another he tried to give kisses to, then was making faces and stuff to make the baby smile. It kind of makes up for when he nearly jumped on that baby’s head. (He was running over to see the baby and LOOKED like he was going to jump right onto the poor thing!)

Tonight after dinner, Wee Laddie wanted Guitarman to hide behind one of the concrete posts in our living room. Then he asked me to and while I did, I joked that my big belly was probably still quite visible, sticking out there as it does. Wee Laddie came over and wanted to see my belly, then was saying hi and giving snuggles and kisses to the baby. He’s going to be such a great big brother, I think!

No comments: