Thursday, October 11, 2007

Those Baby Blues

Today was a big flirting day for Wee Laddie. There were a couple of women at the mess hall who kept watching him and talking about what a cutie he is. Then we stopped in the loo on the way out and there were two German women there and one of them was talking to him for a bit. People are always amazed at his language skills. Even as his parent, it’s sometimes easy to expect more of him cognitively just because he can communicate so well… it’s hard to remember that it doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s able to get the reasoning of things.

So you know we’ve been potty training since Saturday. Well today, Wee Laddie decides he’s ready to go in the bathroom stall all by himself. (Believe me, this made me a little nervous.) He actually did it twice today, including for a poop! And he did a great job both times, even emptied his potty and flushed and everything! And tonight was his first night w/o pooping in his nighttime diaper. Progress!

Went to the Möbelhof this morning to look for small comforters for our bed, but they didn’t have any at a reasonable price. Wee Laddie is still sleeping in our bed most of the time, and he hates to have the comforter on so he kicks it off. Guitarman, despite always being hot, likes to have it on. I’m usually chilly, so I like to have it on. That means it has to reach from Guitarman, then down to Wee Laddie’s feet, then back up to me. Doesn’t really work, and I’ve literally snagged baby blankets from Wee Laddie’s room to keep from freezing at night.

I doubtfully suggested a trip to IKEA to look for them there, as I want to have them before my mom comes so we can switch the fun blue duvet cover into the guest room & use our new duvet covers. I really didn’t think Guitarman would go for it after being on shift, but he did. So we had dinner there and scored on comforters… and a nice, red rug for my office area.

The shift days are tiring for me, as well as Guitarman. I don’t have to get up so early, but I don’t even get my half-break at lunchtime. It’s a lot of work keeping up with an active toddler all day!

No comments: