Saturday, October 27, 2007

Night Owl

Wee Laddie didn’t fall asleep last night until just before 11 pm! Sheesh. When Guitarman was on shift a bunch of times recently he was sometimes going to bed early and would just snuggle in with Wee Laddie, so now that’s what Wee Laddie wants. Or he’ll screw around for an hour or so and THEN ask to be rocked, at which point I don’t because I don’t want to start any bad habits (we have so been down that road). I finally did a couple of 4-minute checks on him (whenever you give him a timeframe for something, he tries to get you to switch it to 4 minutes... not sure why), then a 6, then he was finally asleep.

We went up to the “big” (it doesn’t seem to be any bigger than the one they had at Wurzbürg) PX at Grafenwöhr. While we were there the fire alarm went off. It freaked me out a little. I was sure it wasn’t really a big deal but for some reason (maybe hormones?), it made me very anxious about Wee Laddie. But I was trying to stay really calm, especially outwardly, so he didn’t pick up on anything. It did occur to me that a military community is probably one that you could expect to remain pretty calm and clear-headed in an emergency situation such as a fire.

Wee Laddie spent the rest of the day talking about the fire alarm. Every protrusion on every wall is now a fire alarm to him. I’m sure it’ll take him a bit of time to process this one.

We got Guitarman a birthday gift... headphones. (His birthday’s in a couple of weeks.) Wee Laddie picked those out over the “Rome” DVD set. We’ve been trying out different routes to Graf, and most of them are on B roads, meaning not the main (and straighter) autobahns. They don’t work so well for me, what with the motion sickness thing. I was feeling pretty crappy by the time we got home so I went to lie down on the sofa for a bit. My sweet, sweet boy came over to check on me and to ask if I was going to eat some dinner with them. What a doll.

No comments: