Monday, October 22, 2007

The Big Test

Went to the Klinik in Regensburg for our level II ultrasound. The doctor said something about the concern about Downs and I said they’d told us 1 in 405. He said, “That’s not bad.” Dork. Then why the heck were they leaning on us about the stinkin’ amnio?



Everything looks great, the doc said. No soft markers for Downs, no club foot, no cleft palate... all 10 fingers and all 10 toes. Heart looks good & normal. Near the end, the doc said something about this being much better than last time, when he gave us the info and I cried. Big fat liar. I never cried. My mom, however, got a bit teary when we told her that everything looks great.

Oh, and… it’s a boy!! How's this for odd: We have a regular playgroup back home. There are 8 families in it, and we're the 6th to get pregnant with a 2nd child. We are also the 6th whose 2nd baby is the same gender as the 1st. Isn't that strange?

Anyway, here's a closeup of our Schatzi's face.



We tried to go to a Kurdish restaurant that a friend had recommended, but they weren’t open for lunch. We ended up at some random doner shop. The food was good and I had my best conversation so far with someone in German. It was stilted, but not horrible.

Of course, then I went to German class tonight and it was a bugger.

I am so dreading telling Wee Laddie tomorrow that Grandma leaves on Wednesday. Poor thing, it’s going to break his heart. He loves having visitors, especially people who love him. And from spending so much time with Grandma since he was a newborn, they are very close. He’s seemed so happy during her visit... it’s like I haven’t really realized until now that he hasn’t been laughing and stuff as much as he used to. I love that sound.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a beautiful baby boy you're growing there.

I'm sad that W.L. doesn't seem quite as happy. How'd he do with the pottying with a visitor? E goofs up more with just Daddy around...I can only imagine what might happen with other exciting people.