Friday, September 14, 2007

Nachos!!

They had a nacho bar at lunch today! As soon as I found out about it I modified what I was eating so I could indulge. If I knew who was responsible for it, I’d be giving them a big, wet, sloppy kiss.

Today we were playing at home and Wee Laddie kept grabbing at his crotch so I kept asking him if he needed to go potty. At one point I asked him and then said that I was going to go. As if reading my mind, he said, “I don’t wanna go potty with you right now.” Sheesh.

Poor kid got five bug bites sometime last night. We’ve got a mosquito living in our bedroom. I occasionally see it but haven’t been able to squish it yet… it’s really hard to see a mosquito against the wooden beams that make up most of our bedroom. There’s about a 3’ section of white walls, the rest of the entire room is wood. It’s quite lovely except when you a) desperately want to kill the mosquito that keeps chomping on your son or b) bang your head against one of the beams, not that I’m saying that happens a lot around here. ;)

We actually have a few bug issues here, the mosquitos (and resulting bites) being a big one. We also get a fair amount of flies in because of the whole no-window-screen thing over here. Christina over at American Expat said her husband says the screen interferes with the view of outside. That’s probably one of those things Germans have been saying for so long that everyone believes it, like how they really think you can catch a cold from a draft (and will close the windows once a train starts moving, even in scorching heat). Anyway, the other one that really gets on my nerves is the gnats. I don’t know if they’re actually fruit flies or gnats or what, but I get them in my kitchen all the time. One of the herb plants I bought had some and it’s been a battle ever since. I honestly have squished like 7-8 in a day before! Oh yeah, there was one more: earwigs in the grill. Eeew, I know. Earlier in the summer, every time I opened the grill to cook, like 5 or 6 of them would scatter. Still makes me shudder a bit.

No comments: