Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Almost a Health Nut

I talked to one of the diabetes docs and got everything sorted in about 10 minutes. I’m still glad I spent the time figuring out what to say… I may have been speaking horrible German, but at least I tried. That’s got to get me some points somewhere for not expecting everyone to always speak my foreign language.

2.5 hour nap… thank goodness! And Wee Laddie fell asleep in the car… woohoo! It was raining again, so I was a bit nervous about the odds of getting him inside the house still asleep, but I made sure my shoes were untied and jacket was off so I could get upstairs as quickly as possible. He sorta woke up, but not fully. Whew.

Made a yummy super-healthy dinner tonight: whole wheat spaghetti with tofu, spinach and peppers, flaxseed, wheat germ and a wee bit of leftover taco meat from the super yummy tacos Guitarman made for us last night. Wee Laddie doesn’t like meat much, so his was tofu, spinach and mushrooms. It was so cute, he wanted mushrooms at the store today but I told him no, because they only had huge packages and he’d be the only one eating them. Then we spotted some individual mushrooms, which he was pretty psyched about.

So when I was making his dinner he came over and wanted to see what I was making and I showed him his and he said, “No peppers?” I said no and told him what was in it. He started to laugh this laugh he does when he’s super-excited about something. It was very cute, my little guy getting all excited over tofu (or “tow-food” as he says it) and veggies. My mom will be proud when she reads this.

No comments: