Monday, September 17, 2007

Missing Dad

Last night I was looking online for some Denver area art links. Seeing some of the names & faces of my dad’s former friends and colleagues led me to thinking about him. I googled him, which I do from time to time just to see what’s out there. I guess the upside to having a somewhat “famous” father (he was known nationally and very well-known in the local art scene) is that I can still find articles & things about him online that I’ve never read before. So even though I can’t talk to him anymore, I can still learn new things about him.

I still miss my dad. I don’t think of him every day anymore… so many other things have crowded in. But sometimes I am still sort of blindsided by sadness, even though he’s been gone for over 7 years now. It probably hit me now, in part, because of the unfairness of another grandchild that he will never meet… a list that, sadly, also includes my son.

Ditto for Guitarman’s father, actually, as he passed away just a few months before Wee Laddie was born.


Wee Laddie, working on his version of Jacko’s old look.

No comments: